Friday, April 2, 2010

Dear diary

Bad weather this week has really hampered my ability to get out, however I did get to the Scalp with Davo on Wednesday. The rock was dry but I found it very cold and it took ages for my fingers to warm up. Tried Holly tree roof, this felt really doable using the blind slap method although there does seem to be a big crack running along the back but with that it's a lot easier. Did a nice line Dave showed me as well which is very much like problem 21 in the guide to Glendalough.




Tuesday was a torrid day in the coop - I got really frustrated on Barry/Eoin's Problem being unable to get much past the start, where previously I have consistently got further. Suffice to say after an hour I got in a big mood and stopped climbing. It also showed me how banter unfit I was. I must try and remember how to block Bray's voice out out when I'm climbing!




Thursday's wall session was good but still failed on the above problem but did at last manage Chris's traverse, not using Dec's ridiculous campus technique but sneaking in a heel hook. Then pints which makes a nice change. Only down side was everyone else going on about their long weekend while I'm working like a sucker.




Ran around UCD on Wednesday in the sun which was nice, the longer evenings are great. Starting to feel like I'm plateauing across running and climbing at the moment. Find it hard to pick up my pace, I'm by no means tired at the end of the run but I can't get myself to go faster. I just drift off into my own little world. Thinking of changing my runs, I like the idea of a run up to three rock from home. Pretty much uphill all the way, that should shock the crap out of my body! Also trying to think of a short run that I would hit at pace and go all out.




No real shocking out burst for you at the moment, just find everything equally grating!




No comments:

Post a Comment