Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lough Dan

A great day out in Lough Dan today, I have never been so I was unsure of what to expect. Mark also said he had never been but this turned out to be a lie and he had indeed been before - lucky really as it turned out the rest of the group are in capable of reading the guide! Its an amazing area, the scenery was great and the fact that there is a longish walk in made it more worthwhile. There was even a wade across a river! The recent snow and rain made this an interesting prospect but it wasn't too bad. Warmed up on what we think was a 6a ripper traverse. Dec and I then did the sit start which was supposed to be 7a. If we were on the right bloc I think it is a lot less than the given grade but good none the less. Then to the recommended Shadow - Dec did it first go, I had a few more attempts but got it in the end. I found the top out rather tasty, thought there should be a thank god hold but there wasn't. I really enjoyed the doc bloc problem - we were unsure if it was the right or left side of the arete so we did both. Looked at a possible line to the left of Shadow, pretty burly - a bit like hugging a fridge!
Finished up on Karma, a lovely problem but I was spent and it took me ages. Again a possible sit start but my fingers hurt when ever I touched anything, ah well there is always next time.

Ann made stew for dinner which was great and she made enough for 2 meals which sucks as it means I didn't get to keep eating it. Back to work tomorrow that was my Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment