Saturday, March 8, 2014

steady away

wow nearly 2 years since I have blogged. I blame Ann, hard to get her to spell/grammar check these days...

Been frustrated by a stress fracture in my foot for nearly 9 months, maybe only 6 runs in that time. Turned to Tiger beer and crisps in the evening to pass the time. Pushed up to nearly 12 stone and panicked. Some UK runners were doing a weight loss twitter support thing, so I tagged along. Dropped to 11.6 happy at that. Posting your weight on Twitter each week makes you more careful of what you eat I guess.

The upside to the stress fracture was I returned to climbing. A good thing going with Dec and Mark on Saturdays in Awesome with the kids. Hardly an all out session but it scratches an itch and Eve loves it. Well the cake part anyway. Darragh seems to be popular with all the girls. Good to be back in the mill with it missed the dull ache after a good session, the sore tips after a day on the granite but mostly I missed the banter.
Headed to Glendalough on a day off on my own realised my motivation had changed. I had a good day but I'm not driven by grades and Projects (lucky I'm still shit and I don't have one) but by the banter of a group.
Enjoy the Tuesday night sessions in Gravity. Chris and Dave both have class in door walls that keep me busy. That is clearly the future for me just need Ann to make it big.

3 weeks back into the running as well. managed 4 sessions a week up to 10 miles on my long run. Pain free ish on my foot but it's still a constant worry.

Will have to drop the highland fling as I wont be near fit and will just do the trail on the Wicklow way. Still plan to be ready for the Wicklow way in may then the lakes in July. Time will tell.

Got a new bike for crimbo. It stays in the bedroom I possibly love it more than Ann and Eve.

Hard to fit it all in but it definitely helps you make the effort. Hoping the bike will stop me over training on the running and the climbing will keep my core strong .

hopefully the start of an epic summer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment