Monday, June 22, 2009

First come, first served.

So, Tim online, what a scary thought! The history of the line judge spans back nearly 30 years, I'm sure from the moment I could talk I was offending people. Its not an intentional thing by any means, I don't go out to shock and appall, it just kinda happens.

My first line judge all though she wasn't called that then was my Mother, quite often she could be heard saying 'OOOOHHHHH TTTIIIIIMMM!!! that's disgusting'. Due to the over used nature of this phrase it became TIIIIIMMMMMAAA! My sisters as they grew up also took on some of the responsibility as verbal diarrhea kicked in and maybe the joke about the lesbian and the priest wasn't best kept for bible study!

As I grew older other line judges have come and gone - some keep up the good fight and linger on Peter G, Baz and Michael to name but a few. Skip forward some years and we arrive in Kilkenny where the line judge phrase came into being with me in particular. I worked with a hairy young chap named JJ and while we were out hooning around and something distasteful or inappropriate was about to fall from my drunken lips 'LINE' would be uttered from a dark corner. This was followed by a vodka and red bull and a sweeping movement to distract my brain.

Then to Ann whose own sense of line has been blurred slightly my by incessant ramblings and mutterings. Luckily she has a good group off friends who help her out when we go for meals or hit the town. Often she gets asked how do you put up with him? To which she almost always replies 'white noise, i block him out!' Charming says I, knew no one listened to me, one day I'll have a great idea or a profound thought and you will all miss it!

To this end I thought I would try and put as much here as possible as much as online venting and a break for Ann as much as anything else. Now you all get to Line judge did I or will I go to far? Dermo its over to you........ Did you here about the paedophile in the nursar............

2 comments:

  1. My God - they let you on teh internet,

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems there is no test anyone can do it,let the good times roll...

    ReplyDelete