Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Picture doesn't always tell a....

This comes from spending an unusual amount of time picking a picture to go at the top of the blog. I couldn't have one that was too great or I'd look gay, or too crap or it would be pointless yet still something that looked OK. So the one I led with was taken by Michael O'Dwyer at the boulder meet (see http://www.theshortspan.com/ for more details).



They say "a picture says a thousand words" I wonder if it could also be "a picture tells a thousand lies". The picture looks very dramatic and quite good, however I didn't stick it (this time). I did eventually do it but alas the problem is well up in the scree and will probably never get done or seen again. There was a lovely static line but Tom the fatty broke a crucial hold!!!!



On another note the hits just keep on coming. Yesterday I was unceremoniously dismounted from my bike when a passenger decided to get out of their car with out checking their wing mirror. They stopped at the lights and just opened the car door right in to my path! So now my bike has a broken front wheel, bent forks and a snapped chain, not bad for 20 seconds thoughtlessness. I'm grand (I know that's what you were all thinking) just annoyed as I had to got to the Gardai to get hold of the driver who said "are you OK ?" then drove off! Also now I have to get a new bike.



I'm trying, in these pessimistic times to work on an every cloud has a silver lining kinda vibe, so far so good. What was the reason for getting knocked off my bike/ where is the silver lining? I was muesing over whether or not to get a new one? I really wanted one, but couldn't justify it as in my mind there was nothing wrong with the old one however the chain kept slipping and was ruining my pleasant cycles. Now I have my answer!



We will also be moving back to Howth for a month or 2 until we find somewhere new to live, the idea originally was to move southside so how we have ended up moving to the furthest possible place on the northside I don't know! I'm reliably informed Howth still counts as the southside so its all good. Bitch of a cycle to Dun Laoghaire especially without a bike.



I have just read Pierre's blog
http://pierreboulderingblog.blogspot.com/ he has felt the need to post a warning to tell people that English is not his first language and it wasn't meant to show case his wares. English is my only and native language, my mastery of the spelling of it and the punctuation is appalling. I'm hoping this blog will help me with that, on occasion Ann will read through and check for spelling and grammatical errors, but some times like now she will be asleep and I get bored so will just wing it.


For my next post I might even learn how to embed a link more neatly but at the moment I just can't be arsed!!


Here endith today's lesson/rant.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the bloging world buddy!
    The warning on that blog of mines is for non-climbers who might visit the blog: they may be more of them these days as we're all bored with the recession!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was in case a translator googled you and got your blog. I wonder how many blogs are created a day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Technorati is now tracking over 70 million weblogs, and we're seeing about 120,000 new weblogs being created worldwide each day. That's about 1.4 blogs created every second of every day.
    source:
    http://www.sifry.com/alerts/archives/000493.html
    Night now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent, a new place for me to waste time on the interweb! Cheers Tim! And you could have picked a pic that doesn't look like a spotter has his hand on your arse! (I have a horrible sinking feeling that spotter may be me....)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Close it was that really enthuiastic forighn gent who was there , not one of the americans. I have a nother post but ann has to spell check it for me!

    ReplyDelete