Friday, June 26, 2009

Time and Tim wait for no Ann

This title probably means more to me than you guys but I thought it was funny! The thing is, as most of you who have ever received a text or email from me know, my grammar and spelling is terrible. Luckily for me the IPhone in all it's apple glory corrects my spelling as we go, its the punctuation that I lack but I'm hoping to improve.





Anyhow in my new blogger excitedness I wrote up a new post the other night, however my spell checker/proof reader Ann has been too busy to reread it for me. I know, I have said it to her, she is always too busy for me. Whether it is making my sister's wedding ring, making some earrings for a customer in work or working 9 until 8 on a Thursday, I just feel that she isn't making the effort for my new found hobbie! (Ill be damn lucky if this post makes it out). I would like to make it clear that she doesn't censor, just correct. So back to the title, Tim Hasn't waited for Ann and has written another post before she has corrected the first one.





I have today witnessed or tasted the glory of the Burger king Texan whopper! I don't want to over think what it was made of but it was lovely. It wouldn't be something I'd eat everyday as I now feel tired and sluggish but it has been 3 months since I last indulged in fast ish food. It was quite spicy and had Burger king's usual love of onions, I just had to wait 10 minuets to get it.





With the bike still out of action I decided to run home from work again last night. I felt a lot better this time and have been fine today which shows some improvement. When I say fine I mean I can stand and bend my knees where as last week they just kept locking off so my muscles didn't have to work. A little stiff but miles better. As for the time I called in on Ann so I think it took me about the same or maybe less, so an hour 13 for 13.7 km. One thing I thought as I pushed myself up Oxmantown rd was why no matter what distance I run the last 10 minuets feels like hell. As I ran past the 4 courts I was thinking 'I don't think I'll make this running it all', my little devil is saying 'go on, walk a little you have run at least 10 k no one will think any less of you'. 'NO!!' says my competitive side 'you will look a prick walking along in your running gear, keep moving we are nearly home'. 'Exactly' says the devil, 'you have done the hard bit, it will be fine'. So the drama goes on until I realise I'm coming past smithfield and my head has been having an internal debate for nearly 5 minutes.





Then the last bit until I hit Oxmantown rd is a real, just keep moving, nearly there, one more step, UNTIL ,that is, I hit Oxmantown rd. Then suddenly there is a spring in my step, I swear I stop sweating and I suddenly feel the need to greet everyone I pass with a knowing nod or a cheery hiya. I would give hi fives if I could. This isn't just on the bigger runs it's all of them even if I trot around Phoenix park the bit from the zoo until the top of the road kills me, Oxmantown though, and I'm almost breaking the sound barrier by the time I hit the front door. Maybe its harnessing this feeling that makes the top runners great. I'll tell you when I am one.





If the spelling and that goes off in the next bit it's because Ann says she wont check anything about poo!!! I just have 2 things I wish to say today. 1. Does poo inflate when it comes into contact with air? As there is no way my intestines could hold that amount of, for lack of a better word, shit! 2. Yesterday I had a poo of such brilliance that I felt truly relaxed after it almost like I had communed with nature or god. They say the mail g'spot is up the arse maybe it just hit the spot so to speak!!!





This week I went to the co-op twice, back to back, on my days off a little bit sheepishly as the weather was so nice but I thought no one else will be there. Day one this was true. I had a potter, did Pierre's monkey problem which is my 'how am i climbing challenge', then Juan's red problem then had a play on one of Barry's - I got the starting move which really pleased me as I have been missing it for ages ( I wanted to use a bad word instead of missing but trying to use a better class of vocabulary). Then I did some curls press ups and loads of stretching to help my elbows. I left with only a slight twinge and great satisfaction. The next day was also as good, it took me longer to warm up and I was a little stiff but the results were the same so I figure the press ups, curls and stretching could see off the sore elbows. Then Mr Duffy arrived to drop off a Pad and I felt chastened, he never said it but I could see it in his eyes. What is this Muppet doing in side on such a glorious day? Well I'll tell ya, I only likes bouldering and its just no fun getting spat off easy problems as the friction is crap. This is why I thought about the sport climbing trip to give me something to work towards. Anyway 2 days on and know sore elbows, sweet! I'm hoping after nearly a year of this I'm near the end.

4 comments:

  1. You just think it was Duffy chastising you, really you were projecting your own guilty conscience. Release your inner trad climber Tim...

    In a somewhat contradictory vein, if you're looking for anyone to share petrol costs for a trip to Malham give us a bell. Looks good in a kind of sporty way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will indeed,my folk's live close so will probably fly machester train to oxenholme, borrow a car from them I can get aloan or ropes qiuck draws to save carting them over. should be quite cheap. Ill keep you informed..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim, Duffy may have held his tongue but I'm not going to. To forgo a days climbing outdoors in beautiful sunny weather for climbing indoors is a disgrace. I'm disappointed in you, I thought you were better than that.
    Re: Summer friction. You need to keep away from Diarmuid some of his ideas can be almost dangerous. Boulderers, in my opinion, overstate the importance of climbing. Sure its a factor but to not boulder in the summer due to a perceived lack of friction is a missed opportunity. There are shady places, there are windy places. Were you worried about the friction that day on Knocknagun?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is true I wasnt worried about the friction but on the other hand I never intended to break any personal boundries. Also the time to get out to knoknagun etc was also much longer than I had I find the summer months to be very busy. I still belive there is a distinction in going out for a climb and just going out to enjoy the atmousphere, scenery great outdoors.

    ReplyDelete