Tuesday, September 15, 2009

2 Things,

1. http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/eycwgbeyidau/rss2/
A huge Python found in wexford??? No snakes in Ireland my eye. Cancel Paddys day next year, clearly a fraud. David Blaine take heed, you never know when you will be revealed as a hoax!!

2. I love the randomness of Ipod's shuffle. Yesterday I was getting my groove on down at the coop to Cypress Hill's 'cock the hammer' which was the latest in a long line of quality old school rap , metal and rock then from out of no ware Buddy Holly's 'that'll be the day'. I'd love to know the technology behind the 'randomness'.

4 comments:

  1. Your songs are numbered 1 to N.
    A number is picked 'randomly' by calling a random number generator method in that range, thats the next song. No such thing really as random its just a formula that throws out a number htt://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudo-random_number_generator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technology shmecnology, I reckon theres a tiny guy in there choosing playlists for you. Now the technology used to shrink him, THAT would be interesting to know more about!

    And theres been no "massive pythons" in Wexford since I moved away....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey :) Jeez, I leave the country and THEN find out that you've a blog that talks about as much randomness as I do :) Look forward to keeping an eye on it....
    on a side note, don't know if I'm the only one, but the feed for Google Reader doesn't seem to be setup correctly - what can I say, first comment and I'm already pointing out things ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ill be honest i have no idea how to fix that...

    ReplyDelete