Sunday, September 13, 2009

the wisdom of kid's

So there I am flicking through my new glossy climber mag enjoying my holidays when Ann's niece, who if I'm honest I'm secretly trying to encourage to climb, comes over and sits with me. Bare in mind she is only 3 - she says "what you doing?" "reading my magazine", says I. "that's climbing"she says pointing at one of the very brightly coloured high res photos. Saweet, I think 'turned this one!'. As we move through the mag we now point at every photo, Pete Robins on a desperate e8, Ian Parnel on a long run out and Neil Grisham on some steep sport route that's climbing, that's climbing, that's climbing. Yes indeed that's climbing. Then we turn over and see the bouldering scene page...... there's a pause, you can imagine my excitement, she's going to point and say 'that's bouldering' she can tell the difference.... the pause continues, still nothing so I say "that's climbing"
Without hesitation she says 'no it's not'! In my head I flipped her off my lap and as she came crashing to the floor I scream 'it's the purest form of climbing'. However I just meekly reply "it is". Ah well live and learn.

1 comment:

  1. Ann must have foreseen this and done some ground work...

    ReplyDelete