Friday, September 25, 2009

Glendalough

After a couple of sick days I decided to have a gentle stroll to the boulders. The weather was lovely, a light breeze and some sun, it did try and rain but we soldiered on and were rewarded with fine climbing. I was going for more mileage than pushing myself so I tried not to give any individual problem more than 2 goes. We started in the ruins, was well chuffed with doing the plum, one of my favourite problems and has a nasty habit of spitting me off. Then we sauntered up to the path side boulders and I managed to get the problem on the back off the egg boulder that Dermo did last time as well as the same warm up circuit. Did Chillax on the way up to the fin, I also tried the left hand version, I came pretty close but after 3 goes I didn't want to burn myself out so moved on. Got to the fin and had a play around there before settling on the fin ss. I tried it using the foot hold on the left that was pointed out to me at the end of last winter, it felt a lot more natural and I came very close on a number of occasions, I just have to hold the swing. This has me really looking forward to the winter I think it's the fittest I have come out of a summer ever, and with a drop in temperature who knows what might happen! Stopped off on big Jim on the way back and managed the dyno?!?! static which was nice .

No comments:

Post a Comment