Monday, September 21, 2009

In sickness and in health

So it appears I have man flu as Ann calls it. Whatever it is, it sucks I hate being off and being completely unable to do anything, My climbing Psyche is very high but I have only been able to get to the coop due to work issues while some have been to the fabled great outdoors. Now I haven't been able to do anything since Thursday. I have 2 weeks before I'm in the UK then its only 3 weeks after that and its font. I suppose its better to have the flu now than when I'm away. I once had the flu on a trip to Sheffield I couldn't really pull on anything and felt like crap for the whole trip. Yet it was still a fantastic trip but I really feel I let myself down. Here is a list of things to do to while your bored and off sick.
1, update your blog with a pointless list.
2, read all your climbing magazines.
3, watch Starwars ,return of the Jedi
4,watch back to the future
5, www.videoclimb.com they have 104 bouldering vid's hours just tick by.

I was lucky enough to sample some of Mr Tormey's home brew at the weekend, unlike the first batch if offered some of this I strongly recommend you accept as it was great!

I was thinking recently whether alcohol and drugs are blunting natural selection? 2 stupid unattractive people as a rule would generally not mate for one reason or another. However bring drink in to the mix and suddenly you have a drunken desperate adult who would normally know better who at 2:15 in the morning is desperately searching for validation, panicking and ends up going for anything! Now 9 months later there is a child and one of the parents who without liquor would never have had any chance of the dalliance has now passed stupidity an/or ugliness on to another generation. Without the liquor the person who should have known better would have taken an entirely different path.

No comments:

Post a Comment