Thursday, September 10, 2009

No pain, no gain

Tried posting from the Iphone but it wouldn't let me put any words in the box, damn technology. This means this a brief post so your not just staring at a title. Last night me and my mate Dermo set off to Glendo on what literally turned out to be a fly or die mission! After solving the puzzle of 2 bikes and a pad in an Eco friendly (small) car, then rally driving and an excellent transition to bikes we arrived at the boulders at about 10 to 7. There was a slight breeze and we set to it. It went well to start nice warm up the traverse on the path side of the egg boulder was flashed, the ss to the rails was flashed. Now I'm not saying it was all pretty or a mighty dazzling display but for the first time back since march I didn't take my usual kicking. Then we tried the ss on the back off the egg, Dermo tried came down, I then had a go didn't get my heel right and couldn't swap to a press came off. Then from out of no ware and I'm sure playing dam busters They appeared. Dermo was just starting his second go so I bravely stayed to spot so he didn't damage his back but as soon as he was up that thing I dived for cover. Midges were every were, I tried to have another go but they were in my beard, ears every were. We packed up and for some reason thought maybe big Jim would be better. A quick recce showed it was marginally better, so I donned boots and no sooner had I done so they returned, da da da da daaa. da da da ,daa da, needless to say we split. Fun times but still worth the trip cant wait until it gets cooler roll on oct....

2 comments:

  1. Which sitter is this? The Egg ss, egg traverse ss, the one between them, or the one on the side facing the lake? At least it will soon be too cold for the bastard midge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its the one that goes from the wierd flake bit that you cross your hands on and match, then heel hook the lip and then press down on. Yeah cant wait considerng a push tomorrow afternoon will depend on the weather.

    ReplyDelete